Due to lack of funding time may cease production.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yesterdays Tomorrow

   Yesterdays Tomorrow is not a saying that I have coined, but it is one that I have come to really like. To many people it sounds like nonsense. But to me it is the culmination of everything that I have experienced in the past and everything I want to be in the future. When you combine those two very important things you create exactly who you are today. Without your memories and life experiences you could not be the person you are today. And without a clear direction of where you want to go in your career, your hobbies, you lifestyle and who you are as a person, who you are now wouldn't mean much, would it?
   Everyone is raised to learn from there mistakes but it is not just mistakes that need to be learned from. Its everything we do. You can learn from success as well. You can even learn from not doing anything at all. Sure, what you learn may not be earth shattering but it could further your self awareness or passion for something bigger in life. For instance a couple of years ago, life for me was on the down and down. I had no motivation and no clear direction. Bored out of my skull I rented the movie Into the Wild. After watching it I wanted an adventure of my own (of course without the whole dying aspect). So I started saving and planning. Next thing you know I was on a plane and heading to Utah. For 6 days I hiked and camped. I learned so much about myself on that trip, that it really motived me to do more and be more. Since then I started putting myself out there, being myself more and good things followed.
   As for the Tomorrow part of my new favorite term. With out goals, or motivations life isn't worth much. Even if you don't have any big goals, little ones keep us going just as well. Whether its to go back to school or master that next level on whatever video game you are playing. Having something to strive for is everything you are today. For me, my biggest Tomorrow is my fiance, Audrey. Everything I am in my present is because of her. I am a better person and I foresee a better future because I am working towards my future of hopefully starting an amazing family with her. Thoughts of my future family keep my present on a somewhat straight path.
   There you go, everything from my Yesterday and all the things I want for my Tomorrow shape exactly who I am this very instant. Sure I don't have it all figured out but thats part of the fun.

1 comment:

  1. You are so insightful. I always knew there were some crazy things going through that head of yours. Now I will finally have proof.
    Love,
    Mrs. Gonzo

    ReplyDelete